Reasons to Submit to UMAP 2009
- As the combination of the two leading conference series in this area, UMAP is now the single “place to be” for anyone involved in user modeling, adaptation, and personalization.
- The conference proceedings will be widely available in both electronic and printed form (in the Springer series Lecture Notes in Computer Science), and they will be the first place that people look to find the latest results in this area.
- Those who have substantial results to present will benefit from (a) the long-standing reputation of the UM and AH conference series for selectivity and quality; and (b) the thorough reviewing process, including metareviewing, which ensures balanced and constructive feedback from relevant experts from around the world.
- The wide range of conference events offers a suitable opportunity for participation no matter what type of contribution you have to make or even if you are mainly interested in learning more about the field.
- The are special efforts to provide opportunities for economical participation. (For example, the date of UMAP 2009 was coordinated with that of Hypertext 2009 in nearby Torino so that authors can attend both conferences in a single trip. Other conferences that might be attended on the same trip as UMAP include KDD in Paris and, a week later, AIED in Brighton.)
- The town of Trento and its environs offer architectural and natural beauty that is quickly accessible even to the most diligent conference participant.